FloridaWest EDA is looking for an enthusiastic Communications Intern to assist us in our marketing efforts.
This internship opportunity calls for a team player with the desire to grow in this position. They will support overall marketing objectives while reporting to the Director of Communications. This internship will provide the candidate with opportunities to develop professional skills, create work samples for portfolio use, and learn the role communications and public relations play in economic development.
Proficiency in the following areas is requisite:
- written and verbal communication
- proofreading and editing documents
- brainstorming and generating creative ideas
- proper English usage, spelling, grammar, punctuation, vocabulary, and sentence structure
- basic graphic design, photography and photo editing
- Microsoft Office proficiency including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Problem-solving capabilities
- Knowledge of social media platforms including Linked In, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
The preferred candidate may also have experience with WordPress and SEO.