PEDC Board Materials
The Pensacola-Escambia Promotion & Development Commission
March Board Meeting Canceled
Out of an abundance of caution, Lewis Bear, PEDC Chairman, is cancelling the board meeting scheduled for March 24. This is in effort to comply and follow current recommendations from CDC and Governor DeSantis as it relates to COVID-19 containment and prevention. It is our plan to meet on April 21st, however, that is subject to change. We will update accordingly as things develop.
The meeting materials are available for review here. Updated materials will be distributed prior to the next meeting, currently scheduled for April 21. Please note the updated Tech Park solicitation. This updated document reflects the edits of the subcommittee that met on March 4 as well as technical edits from Clark Partington, PEDC attorneys. It is our intention to bring this document for review and approval at the April 21 board meeting.
The Pensacola-Escambia Promotion and Development Commission (PEDC) is a government entity established by a special act of the State of Florida Legislature to promote economic development interests such as industry, tourism and commerce. The Commission is composed of nine members:
- Two members – Commissioners of Escambia County appointed by the Board of County Commissioners of Escambia County.
Two members – Council members of the City of Pensacola appointed by the City Council of the City of Pensacola.
One member – a member of the Town Council of the Town of Century, appointed to serve by the Town Council of the Town of Century.
Two members – Board of Directors from the Pensacola Bay Area Chamber of Commerce, in good standing, appointed by the Chairman of the Board. (PBACC).
One member – at large, appointed by the Board of County Commissioners of Escambia County
One member – at large, appointed by the City Council of the City of Pensacola
PEDC Board Members:
- Lewis Bear, Jr., Chairman, FloridaWest Board Appointee
- Clorissti Shoemo, Vice-Chair, At Large Pensacola City Council Appointee
- Dave Hoxeng, Secretary-Treasurer, FloridaWest Board Appointee
- Sherri Myers, Pensacola City Council Member Appointee
- P.C. Wu, Pensacola City Council Member Appointee
- County Commissioner Jeff Bergosh (District 1), Board of County Commissioners of Escambia County
- County Commissioner Steven Barry (District 5), Board of County Commissioners of Escambia County
- Century Mayor Henry Hawkins, Century Town Council Member Appointee
- Adam Principe, At Large Board of County Commissioners of Escambia County Appointee
- Scott Luth, FloridaWest CEO
- Richard Sherrill, Attorney
- Saltmarsh, Cleaveland & Gund, Auditor