PEDC Board Materials
The Pensacola-Escambia Promotion & Development Commission
October 3, 2019: More than one member of the Pensacola-Escambia Promotion & Development Commission will be in attendance at a reception recognizing FloridaWest Economic Development Alliance’s 5th Anniversary to be held at 11:00 AM Thursday, October 3, 2019 at 5 Eleven, 511 South Palafox Street, Pensacola, FL 32501.
November Meeting: Our November 2019 meeting will change from the third Tuesday of the month to the second Tuesday of the month for November only. The meeting will take place Tuesday, November 12, 2019 at 10:00 am.
The Pensacola-Escambia Promotion and Development Commission (PEDC) is a government entity established by a special act of the State of Florida Legislature to promote economic development interests such as industry, tourism and commerce. The Commission is composed of nine members:
- Two members – Commissioners of Escambia County appointed by the Board of County Commissioners of Escambia County.
Two members – Council members of the City of Pensacola appointed by the City Council of the City of Pensacola.
One member – a member of the Town Council of the Town of Century, appointed to serve by the Town Council of the Town of Century.
Two members – Board of Directors from the Pensacola Bay Area Chamber of Commerce, in good standing, appointed by the Chairman of the Board. (PBACC).
One member – at large, appointed by the Board of County Commissioners of Escambia County
One member – at large, appointed by the City Council of the City of Pensacola
PEDC Board Members:
- Lewis Bear, Jr., Chairman, FloridaWest Board Appointee
- Clorissti Johnson, Vice-Chair, At Large Pensacola City Council Appointee
- Dave Hoxeng, Secretary-Treasurer, FloridaWest Board Appointee
- Sherri Myers, Pensacola City Council Member Appointee
- P.C. Wu, Pensacola City Council Member Appointee
- County Commissioner Jeff Bergosh (District 1), Board of County Commissioners of Escambia County
- County Commissioner Steven Barry (District 5), Board of County Commissioners of Escambia County
- Century Mayor Henry Hawkins, Century Town Council Member Appointee
- Adam Principe, At Large Board of County Commissioners of Escambia County Appointee
- Scott Luth, FloridaWest CEO
- Richard Sherrill, Attorney
- Saltmarsh, Cleaveland & Gund, Auditor